KTF Africa provides PPE supplies to the Johannesburg area. These PPE supplies are necessary for construction, industrial work, and safety around the employees who risk their lives to do these difficult jobs. Read below for our information on PPE, and please look at our products and supplies, for your masks, conti suits, goggles, footwear and other protective clothing supplies.
Why is PPE so important?
Employers should use PPE as a last resort – they should try to control these risks in other ways before resorting to PPE.
The Regulations also require that PPE are:
- properly assessed before use to make sure it’s fit for purpose
- maintained and stored properly
- provided with instructions on how to use it safely
- used correctly by employees.
What are the business benefits of investing in Personal Protective Equipment?
1. Avoid and reduce injury and sickness – Personal protective equipment reduces the effects of injury and can prevent accidents and injury from happening at all. By lowering these risks, sickness absence is reduced and the headache of paperwork and time involved in near miss and RIDDOR reporting is avoided.
2. Fulfil legal health and safety obligations – avoiding accidents, investigations and prosecutions.
3. Looking after workers – Healthy and safe workers are also happy and productive ones. Keeping your staff happy results in increased productivity, higher staff morale, lower staff turnover and reduced sickness absence. Companies that adopt best practice also attract new talent and create brand loyalty by sending a positive image to customers.
4. Avoid HSE investigations – by staying compliant, you avoid prosecutions (for the company and its Directors), fines and legal fees, compensation payouts and costs to the business of the associated bad press.
5. Cost savings – the money invested in personal protective equipment is covered by savings gained from other benefits such as lower staff turnover, a reduction in sickness absence and avoiding costs relating to prosecutions.